Are you looking at traveling to Toronto this summer? You might be interested in finding some great things to do. We have a list of the top 5 things to do in Toronto under $10. I can’t wait to check out these great sights with Charlie.
- The High Park Toronto: This is a great park that also includes a zoo! Leashed dogs are allowed! That’s right you can take your pup with you as you walk and see the animals. The High Park zoo even has an unleashed dog park so your pup can get a special run in! The zoo boasts a variety of animals including bison, emu, peacocks, reindeer, wallaby and so much more. The High Park Zoo is free!
- Saint Lawrence Market: The market itself is free to walk through and I’m sure you could spend as little as much at the different vendors but the market is a great place to just visit. Check out all the different wares. There are different events going on weekly from teas to cooking lessons. These do cost extra money but are well worth it if you’re looking to expand your skills.
- Harbourfront Centre: The Harbourfront Centre has multiple performances that are perfect for adding culture. Some productions do have a cost associated but others are completely free. The visual arts exhibitions are always free. The Power Plant program is free for kids and it is an immersive arts and crafts program. Kids get to tour the gallery and participate in an art workshop.
- Buildings that Broke the Rules: This is a great way to really see the city. Simply gather the list of buildings and go visit each one in person. The buildings run the gamut from defying gravity to just stunning architecturally. I particularly love the Sharp Centre for Design at OCAD University. it is just stunning to see.
- Nathan Phillips Square and City Hall: You can download a self-guided tour book that will lead you throughout city hall. This is free and a great way to learn more about the city of Toronto. There are different events happening every day at the Square. Some are free while others are paid. June 19th there is even a food truck bonanza. In August, the Square will take on an Indian theme where each day has a celebration of the country.
Most of our Top 5 Things to Do in Toronto Under $10 are actually free but some may have a cost if you go shopping! We trust that you can budget your funds for the day and spend as little as possible. If you visit, please share photos with us!