We received a pack of LEGO® Nonfiction books to facilitate our review. All opinions are our own.
Growing great readers can be hard. The biggest key is finding books that keep kids interest. I’ve found one of the best ways to do that is to combine their loves with books. The kids both love LEGOS and finding books from Scholastic that are not only LEGOS but nonfiction has been a great help. It’s a way to teach kids about dinosaurs, planets and more while giving them inspiration for play time building too. We gave our books to my nephew after the kids had read through them. They loved them and wanted to share. I loved that he was able to learn new words and was excited to learn more about dinosaurs.
WHAT IS LEGO® NONFICTION?
Two powerhouse brands, LEGO and Scholastic, come together to reinvent children’s nonfiction publishing. In this innovative new publishing program, LEGO models and minifigures are illustrated in fun and fantastic scenarios throughout as the first point of engagement for kids with real-world topics. This program represents a marriage of core values between LEGO and Scholastic: imagination, creativity, fun, and learning, as well as providing the most engaging, educational information for children.
- An imaginative, fun, and informative nonfiction reading experience from Scholastic and The LEGO® Group—two of the most trusted brands in the world
- Visually stimulating packaging, interiors, and added-value including die-cuts, foil, and stickers
- A combination of LEGO illustrations with real world photographs yield HILARIOUS and INFORMATIVE books kids won’t put down.
- Humor and creativity that kids LOVE and EXPECT from the LEGO brand
- “Building starters” throughout each book encourage the connection between the reading experience and real-world LEGO building
- Amazing facts that kids WANT to know from Scholastic
ABOUT THE PRODUCTS
LEGO Nonfiction books will be released for a variety of reading levels, ranging from ages 4 – 12. The first four books are in stores now!
– Leveled Readers (ages 5- 7)
Emerging nonfiction readers love exploring favorite themes! The “Leveled Readers” series will consist of three levels which will be called out on book covers. Each level builds in complexity as the child’s nonfiction literacy skills progress. Each book also includes stickers!
o Plus more Leveled Readers titles to come in 2017!
– Favorite Topics (ages 7 – 10)
Focused, deeper dives into topics kids love, including:
o plus more Favorite Topics titles to come in 2017!
– Ultimate Fact Book (ages 8-12)
Coming October 2016: Factastic: A LEGO Adventure in the Real World
The ultimate holiday gift book, packed with amazing facts and real-world photos the whole family can enjoy!
More LEGO Nonfiction books to come in 2017, including Early Readers (ages 4-8) and Activity Books (ages 6-9).
See the products on Scholastic.com
Follow Scholastic on Twitter and Instagram
a Rafflecopter giveaway
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2016 The LEGO Group. All Rights Reserved.