With summer here, you may find that you need to do a little me time and take care of your sunburn lips! I know I have a horrible time between racing with Charlie and being at the pool. All of the different aspects of summer are great but they take a toll on your body in all aspects. For me the sunburn always makes my lips dry and chapped. A good lip scrub is a great way to clean off dead skin and add some moisture. The best part is when you can do a DIY lip scrub! I found a great list of great DIY Lip scrub recipes. Most of these recipes start with just a few of the same ingredients and add extras in to give them different tastes!
- Watermelon Sugar Lip Scrub: This is a great summer taste. Watermelon is one of the best flavors for all of summer and it is super sweet with the sugar mixed in.
- Snickerdoodle Lip Scrub: Who doesn’t want to always have the taste of one of the best cookies on their lips? The best part is with this lip scrub, you can have the taste without all the calories of eating the cookies! This recipe is so easy and you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry!
- Red Wine Body Scrub: While not listed as just a lip scrub, this one is perfect for all of those in the world that love the taste of a great red wine. You can easily make a batch and share with your friends. Wouldn’t this be a great edition to a girl’s night out?
- Grapefruit Sugar Scrub: Sweet and tangy at the same time! This is a great flavor for all year but especially for summer. The grapefruit is also great for a little extra exfoliant!
- Chocolate Sugar Scrub: My friend Ash over at Momma Rambles has been a Hershey’s Sweetest Mom for a couple of years now and she was inspired to make this perfect Chocolate Sugar Scrub! The taste is out of this world!
There is one product that is a must regardless of which DIY Lip scrub you chose to make, Air Tight Containers for storage. What flavors would be your summer essential DIY Lip scrub?