Some people steer clear of baking because they think it is too difficult or time consuming. This certainly may be true for those just starting to bake, but once you get the hang of it, you will find ways to cut down on your time in the kitchen. In the meantime, you can make baking easy with these 11 baking hacks.
Spend Less Time in the Kitchen with These 11 Baking Hacks
- Read the recipe first to make sure you have all the ingredients on hand. Use a Recipe Reader to make sure you’re following along well.
- Warm the oven by preheating it.
- If the recipe calls for eggs, take them out of the refrigerator a half an hour before you add them to the bowl you are going to be using.
- Substitute the vegetable oil with applesauce. Your baked goods will have lower calories.
- Use egg substitute if you have someone that is allergic to eggs.
- Use Jello powder to color your icing. It is much better for you than traditional food coloring.
- If the recipe calls for butter use an avocado instead.
- Line your pans with Parchment Paper.
- Remove air bubbles by dropping baking pans filled with batter onto the counter before placing them in the oven.
- Set your oven timer to the correspond with the amount of baking time needed minus 3 minutes so that you can take it out of the oven on time. If your oven timer is not working, set the timer or notification on one of your devices.
- Use a glass turned upside down to cut rolled biscuit dough and a wine bottle to roll out your dough, if you do not have a Rolling Pin.
You should not be fearful of baking. Once you take the first step in the baking arena, you will be amazed how easy it really is. As mentioned above, you will find ways to cut down on the amount of prep time. Start with something simple, such as a 123 cake. In no time, you will move forward to baking recipes that are a little more complex, when you make baking easy with these 11 baking hacks.