I was sent a sample to facilitate this post. This post may contain affiliate links. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
There are a few things that make a mom really happy. Seeing unadulterated joy on your kids face is one of those things. This past week we had just that. A box arrived and I knew it was from Activision but didn’t know what it was. I waited until the kids got home from school to have them open it. I couldn’t get video because they tore the box apart too fast. Needless to say there was screaming, yelling and happy joy all over.
So what was in the box? Skylanders Trap Team of course:
The next thing to do was to set the game all up. The one thing that this mom loved was that the game came with a place to store your traps. You can actually keep them in the spaces so you know which villain is trapped in which trap.
But what do the kids think? I figured since the kids are the one playing I should let them answer some questions.
Me: Tell me a little about Skylanders Trap Team.
Charlie: Mom its the best. I can play as both a Skylander or as one of the villains. This morning I captured The Gulper. Mom he’s the best so far!
Me: So how do you play with a villain?
Charlie: First you have to capture them in a trap. But if you only have one trap of each type when you capture one and you already have one in the trap it asks you which one you want to play with.
Me: So what happens to the one that was in the trap? Do you have to go back and capture him again?
Charlie: No MOM! He goes into a jail.
Me: Can you ever play with him again?
Charlie: DUH Mom. You have to go to the jail on the main screen and you can switch them around. Its the greatest thing mom!
Overall we’re loving Skylanders Trap Team. The thing I loved is that it was super easy for Charlie and Rachael to grasp ideas and how things work.
Five Tips I could give you:
1. You don’t need it all. While it makes for better game play in order to proceed through the game you don’t need it all. You need a Trap Master and a trap for each element. You can play better with more traps. To play the different elemental games within the game you will need a Trap Master from each element.
2. Join the GameStop PowerUp Rewards program. For every 6 Skylanders you purchase, you receive a coupon for $9.99 towards a new one. We’ve already earned a new one and got an extra Trap Master.
3. Playing with two people is more fun. Add an extra Skylander in and let the fun go over and above.
4. The Kaos Trap can only be purchased as part of the Dark Edition Starter pack but it should be out for sale individually soon.
5. Get ready for all the extra games within the game. There is the new Skystones Smash, Kaos Doom Challenge and the Skaletones.