I was asked to share the Powerade #JustAKidFrom best athlete program with a story of how we helped our athlete. All opinions are my own.
We’ve tried I think every sport with Charlie possible except soccer. He started with tee ball and was horrible. He couldn’t hit the ball to save his life. We did dance for 2 years and he loved it. I just wasn’t made to be a dance mom. I don’t do cliques. Three years ago we gave him the choice of what he wanted to do. He could do dance again but not in competitive dance or he could try something different. He chose football. This mom who said it’s never going to happen let it happen. Because he had the heart and wanted to. Like tee ball he wasn’t very good at it, but he played with all his heart and we just finished a second year of football. This year though we’re branching into another sport. This one is definitely more costly but this is where Charlie’s heart lies.
I mean look at that face. Now we know we’re going to have some rough days and we know we’re going to have some HOT days. Hello we race in full gear every weekend from now until November. But we’ve decided we need to encourage Charlie and let him know that he can in fact do it all. He has the power within him to be the next Dale Jr if that is really what he wants. And it’s our responsibility as parents to make it happen, to given him encouragement and the means to make it happen (or have parents that pitch in to help with the finances.)
We’ve spent the last few weeks getting prepared for this big adventure. It’s been finding a kart that fit our needs, finding a trailer to fit the kart, and getting the kart ready for Charlie. Funny enough the gentleman who we purchased from and is setting up the kart is named Charlie. I think it was meant to be right? And he’s done such a great job of working with us, teaching Charlie and getting us ready for this big adventure.
How do you encourage your athletes to be more?
About the POWERADE “Just A Kid” Campaign:
- There is potential in all of us. No matter what you achieve in life, you start in the same place as everyone else: as a kid full of potential and big dreams. At the end of the day, we are all “just a kid” from somewhere.
- POWERADE believes that with the right motivation these everyday athletes can realize their potential and one day be the athletes that they look up to. Sports have a major impact on our communities. Whether it is t-ball or the pros, every athlete in every league has a story waiting to be told.
- Represent your somewhere with custom “Just a Kid” apparel that features where you’re from here. All net proceeds from the sale of “Just a Kid” apparel goes to the Boys & Girls Club of America.
- The ION4® Advanced Electrolyte System helps replenish four electrolytes lost in sweat: sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. POWERADE is formulated with a 6% carbohydrate solution to help provide energy to working muscles, and vitamins B3, B6 and B12.
- POWERADE comes in great tasting flavors and has been helping keep athletes hydrated for decades. POWERADE ZEROTM features the same hydration benefits of classic POWERADE but with ZERO calories.
- POWERADE flavors:
- Mountain Berry Blast®
- Fruit Punch
- Lemon Lime
- POWERADE Zero flavors:
- Mixed Berry
- Grape Zero
- POWERADE is available for everyday low prices and in multipack assortment of sizes at Walmart and Walmart.com.
- Walmart/POWERADE Offer – Free “Just a Kid” Sports Bottle: When shoppers purchase two 8-packs of 20 oz POWERADE at Walmart, they’ll be able to go online, submit their receipt, and order a free custom “Just a Kid” reusable sports bottle. Go to http://www.us.powerade.com/walmart/#pov2 to learn more. The offer is good until April 4, 2016 or while supplies last.
- POWERADE flavors:
So when you’re thinking about how can you help support your athlete, think of what you’ve already done and give yourself a pat on the back for how far they’ve already come. Even if it’s just signing up. Represent your somewhere with custom “Just a Kid” apparel that features where you’re from here. All net proceeds from the sale of “Just a Kid” apparel goes to the Boys & Girls Club of America.
You helped them take the first step! And if you’re in the Virginia area look for us on a track near you! Of course our number has changed to 88 though!