“I received a gift pack from Carrington Farms to facilitate this post. This post may contain affiliate links. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Being good with our diets is hard. So many people start the year saying they are going to watch what the eat, makes changes and work out more. All to be healthy. But there are little changes you can make to make life healthier. Using seeds in your diet can be a great way to change things up, get some different nutrition and add taste.
Heart Healthy SEEDcretsfrom Carrington Farms
A heart-healthy life should be one filled with exercise and nutritious foods. These foods should be low in saturated fat, low in sodium and high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are extremely beneficial to the hearts of healthy people, and those at high risk of-or who have-cardiovascular disease. Many believe that omega-3 fatty acids can only be found in fish, however, you should know about nutritionally packed, omega-3 rich flax seeds, chia seeds and hemp seeds.
Don’t let their small size fool you, these seeds are nutritional powerhouses:
1. Flax Seeds: In addition to being high in omega-3s, flax seeds are also a good source of fiber to improve bowel function. They also have the benefits of lignans, phytoestrogens which have been clinically shown to protect against hormone related cancers, such as breast, ovarian, prostate and uterine.
2. Chia Seeds: These small seeds are also an excellent source of omega-3s and even higher in fiber than flax seeds which can help promote feelings of fullness. They contain high levels of antioxidants and are a good source of calcium and magnesium for bone health.
3. Hemp Seeds: Hemp is another powerhouse of omega-3s. Hemp seeds are a rich source of magnesium and phosphorous to support bone health. But, what makes these tasty, little seeds unique is that they contain 10 grams of protein per serving. Carrington Farms created their Flax/Hemp blend to optimize the omega-3s, lignans, bone-healthy nutrients, and protein all in one package. One serving provides a veritable fountain of essential nutrients!
DEBORAH ORLICK LEVY, M.S., R.D. and Carrington Co., LLC Health and Nutrition Consultant
Deborah Levy has spent the last twenty years educating adults, children and medical professionals on nutrition, including a back to basics approach to healthy eating. She specializes in eating disorders, sports nutrition, food allergies, weight loss and healthy eating. Deborah has given nutrition presentations throughout the U.S. and has been successful in her own private practice since 2005. She maintains a healthy lifestyle through cycling and running and she cross-trains with yoga and Pilates. Deborah’s professional goal is to educate on healthy lifestyle changes with regards to food and eating because “diets” never work long term and her motto is “You only get one body in this life. Feed it well.”
As the Health and Nutrition Consultant for Carrington Co., LLC, Deborah has been actively involved in the health and nutrition aspects of the products as well as spearheads creating healthy and creative recipes using Carrington Farms products. Additionally she has helped to educate and answer consumer nutrition questions related to all Carrington Farms products through the companies monthly nutritionist corner.
To learn more you can visit the Carrington Farms website or the Carrington Farms Facebook page. The following shops are having special deals for All Good April:
• Whole Foods – New England
• Publix – Florida
• Stop& Shop- New England, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland
• Albertsons – Texas, Arizona
• HEB – Texas
• Meijer – Michigan, Indiana, Illinois
• Shoprite – New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland
• Giant Eagle – Pittsburg, Cleveland
• Hy Vee – Iowa
• Wegmans – Upstate New York
• Demoulas Market Basket – Massachusetts
• Tops – Buffalo
• Fiesta – Texas
• Weis – Central Pensylvania
• Schnucks – St. Louis
• Big Y – Massachusetts
• Woodmans – Wisconsin